Enjoy fast & free
120 Night Trial
Try it for 120 nights,
like it or return it
Made in USA
Grand Rapids, MI,
to be exact
Quality, natural materials for a luxurious sleep experience
Our materials are from Mother Nature herself. No foam, latex, or chemicals. Handcrafted from the finest cotton, wool, and plant fibers, each natural material ensures you’ll get a better night’s sleep.
See inside the Joybed LXP
Enjoy cushioned, supportive feel for both Medium-Firm and Medium-Plush options.
Lightweight Organic Cotton Cover
Jacquard GOTS certified cover encapsulates the layers in a lightweight, gentle-to-touch material
Handtufting adds fine details and increases durability by preventing the layers from shifting and sagging
Plant Fiber Fire Barrier
Breathable, flame-resistant plant fibers add protection without any chemical or synthetic additives
Hypoallergenic cotton provides cushioned support, durability, and proper airflow
Responsibly sourced, anti-microbial eco-wool draws heat away from your body, keeping you cool all year round
Nano coils provide a cradling, hug-like feel around your curves for better pressure relief in your hips and shoulders
Zoned Pocketed Coils
Individually wrapped coils conform to your body and provides proper spinal alignment with seven zones of support
We source American cotton so you can sleep on soft, breathable natural fibers. Cotton is durable, comfortable, and naturally hypoallergenic, which helps keep a cool and clean sleep environment.
Each cover is made with GOTS Certified organic cotton and not blended with man-made materials for your best comfort.
Our eco-wool from California and Oregon helps regulate your body temperature while you sleep. Its moisture-wicking and anti-microbial properties keep you clean and cool all year round for longer, deeper sleep.
Our supplier ensures the purity of the wool with certifications from OEKO-Tex Standard 100 and Oregon Tilth as well as toxicology testing at UC Davis.
To meet federal fire safety certifications, we've added an all-natural plant fiber layer with flame-resistant properties. This layer is made from potato plants, which are breathable and free of chemicals.
This fluffy plant-based layer is breathable and adds to your overall comfort & safety as you sleep.
No Off-Gas Smell
Sleep Cooler & Sleep Better
A cool night's rest is essential for your deepest sleep. Air flows through natural cotton and wool fibers creating a cool mattress. Foam cannot replicate this. Foam restricts air, even with "enhanced technology" or added chemicals. Natural fibers are better. Your body can breathe, releasing heat and moisture as your body temperature cools. The perfect way to drift into a deep sleep.
How the Joybed LXP feels
Your Choice for Comfort:
Pushes back against your body for a firm, supportive feel with cushion. Recommended for back sleepers and those who prefer a firmer sleeping surface. On a firmness scale of 1 to 10, it's a 5.
Provides a cushioned and conforming feel while still providing proper support. Recommended for side sleepers and back sleepers. On a firmness scale of 1 to 10, it's 7 (10 is the softest.)
We recommend the LXP Medium-Plush if you're a side sleeper or want to avoid a firmer-feeling mattress. Softer springs are the difference, everything else is identical.
Why Customers Love Joybed
Super, Natural Sleep
After sleeping on a foam mattress for over 15 years, I'm delighted with my Joybed! With its natural materials, I was able to sleep on it immediately after setting it up. No gasses or smells to worry about. I've had it for two months now and am enjoying restful, refreshing sleep night after night. I'm looking forward to many more years of great sleep on it. And I'm very happy that, when the time comes, it can be fully recycled or will biodegrade naturally!
Love this mattress
Absolutely love this mattress. It is extremely comfortable. Had been sleeping on a memory foam mattress for years. I cannot believe how much better the Joybed mattress is. I did not think a mattress switch would have such a huge impact on my sleeping, l am happy to be wrong. Buy this mattress already.
I love my mattress!
This is the one I've been waiting for my whole life! I invested in 3 or 4 different mattresses and ended up either recycling or donating them. The Joybed is the most comfortable all natural and sweetest smelling mattress I've ever owned. I'm sleeping like a baby! Thanks for the wonderful service too. Love, Priscilla
Safe and handcrafted in the USA!
Premium Materials from American Suppliers.
75"L x 38"W x 12"H
Med-Firm Code: 926954
Med-Plush Code: 999911
80"L x 38"W x 12"H
Med-Firm Code: 927675
Med-Plush Code: 999912
75"L x 53"W x 12"H
Med-Firm Code: 926955
Med-Plush Code: 999913
80"L x 60"W x 12"H
Med-Firm Code: 926956
Med-Plush Code: 999914
80"L x 76"W x 12"H
Med-Firm Code: 926957
Med-Plush Code: 999916
84"L x 72"W x 12"H
Med-Firm Code: 927536
Med-Plush Code: 999915
Measurements are approximate. Each mattress is built within a 1” tolerance of the specified dimensions. Please note that the coils can shift together when packed for shipping and will jostle back into place during normal unpacking & set up.
Materials & Coils
All the materials come from American suppliers. From the top down:
- We start with an innovative top layer of plant fiber woven to provide fire protection, naturally. Without chemicals, potato plants are woven into a layer creating a safe, fire resistant mattress. And because it’s plant based, it’s also breathable and adds to your sleeping comfort.
- Next, we use 2 layers of soft cotton we've sourced from a southern, family-owned American supplier. Cotton fibers are naturally soft and breathable, allowing air to circulate around your body. The fiber's superior structure helps wick away and release body moisture as you sleep. Your sleep is improved in a dry and comfortable environment which helps you sleep better and wake more rejuvenated in the morning -- a key to a healthier life! Cotton is naturally hypoallergenic keeping a clean and healthy sleeping environment without the use of chemicals. In fact, cotton farming is regulated by the USDA as a food crop, in addition to being annually renewable, recyclable and biodegradable. Cotton is also more durable than foam and will hold its loft longer than foam, which compresses faster than cotton over time.
- Underneath the cotton is a layer of wool. Unlike synthetic fibers which are smooth, wool fibers have a textured surface that holds large amounts of air serving as a year-round comfort layer keeping you cool and dry as you sleep. Wool helps regulate your sleeping temperature by keeping you cool when it's hot and keeping you warm when it's cold. Wool also helps wick moisture away as you sleep keeping you dry. When your body is able to sleep in a breathable bed that's cool and dry, you're able to sleep deeper, longer and awake feeling stronger and more alert. Wool's fiber structure also has the added benefit of being naturally fire-resistant. Learn More About Cotton & Wool.
- We then put 2 more layers of cotton padding, firmer feeling, and woven to help provide the support underneath the softer layers above.
- There's a premium layer of nano coils in between the natural layers above and the pocketed innerspring coils below. Nano coils are typically found in higher-end luxury mattresses, and we've made then part of the LXP. The reason they're so good is that they're great at conforming to your body as well as being responsive to your movements while at the same time being very durable ensuring a long life of consistent performance. In fact, Nano coils are more durable and last longer than foam (just like natural fibers do, too.)
- All of the above materials are supported by individually pocketed coils that contour to your body and provide proper support. The coils are zoned for comfort, specifically, those targeting the hips, back and shoulders are tuned for firmness, density, and bounce. There's also a column of coils along the outer edges providing robust edge support so you can sit or rest comfortably all the way to the edge of the bed. They're encased in a synthetic wrap, rare use of man-made materials (less than .01% of the mattress by weight.) We even use a plant-based glue to adhere certain materials in the spring system.
LXP: The number of individually pocketed coils by size (plus the number of nano coils):
- King 1414 + 1764 nano coils
- Cal King 1384 + 1760 nano coils
- Queen 1130 + 1386 nano coils
- Full 1016 + 1131 nano coils
- Twin XL 772 + 840 nano coils
- Twin 756 + 780 nano coils
We chose an organic cotton cover to encase the mattress, so the surface you actually sleep on is organic. The organic cotton fabric we use is certified by the Global Organic Textile Standard (GOTS).
The luxurious Jacquard weave is 100% organic fabric. Other mattress companies use organic cotton blended with polyester which is cheaper and easier to manufacture. They can be tricky with their marketing claiming they use organic cotton for their covers, which while technically true, misleads the fact that the cover is not 100% organic material. You can spot blended covers because they're stretchable when you pull on it with your fingers.
You'll also notice the hand tufting by our master craftsman. Only found on upper-end mattresses, hand tufting involves sewing durable string through mattress from top to bottom. You can see the decorative knots on top of the cover. The tufting helps keep all the materials in place and ensures a long consistently feeling lifespan of your mattress.
This mattress is tested and certified to meet all federal and state fire protection standards. As a matter of fact, all mattresses sold in the United States must pass the same set of standards and receive the same certification, ours included.
What makes our mattress special is that we meet fire protection standards using all-natural materials; wool, cotton, and a special fiber layer developed using potato plants. With no chemicals or man-made materials the natural fibers provide the requisite level of protection. And because they're natural, they'll also improve your sleeping comfort on the mattress by enhancing the breathable airflow through the bed!
Put your Joybed on any surface
Joybeds work great on any flat, sturdy foundation. You can put it on a platform bed, slats, box foundation, adjustable bed, or even the floor. See the warranty for more information.
Shopping made easy
We know mattress shopping isn’t a walk in the park. With us, you can rest easy and know we’re taking care of you.
Free & Fast Shipping
Your Joybed is shipped right to your door for no extra cost in 5 business days.
120 night in-home trial
Try your Joybed right at home for 120 nights. Don’t love it? We’ll help you out with your exchange or return. Learn More
10 year warranty
Your Joybed is backed with a full 10 year warranty to protect your sleep investment. Learn More
Handcrafted by Experts
We’re mattress industry veterans and we partner with a 100-year-old mattress factory to make the best mattresses for you. Our combined expertise results in a high-quality, durable mattress with exceptional value.
Learn more about our crafting