Enjoy fast & free
120 Night Trial
Try it for 120 nights,
like it or return it
Made in USA
Grand Rapids, MI,
to be exact
Pure Eco Luxury
100% Organic Fabric GOTS Certified
Breathable, chemical-free protection
Soft, hypo-allergenic, helps you sleep cool
Responsibly farmed, keeps you cool & dry
Support & conform to your contours
Sleep Cooler & Sleep Better
A cool night's rest is essential for your deepest sleep. Air flows through natural cotton and wool fibers creating a cool mattress. Foam cannot replicate this. Foam restricts air, even with "enhanced technology" or added chemicals. Natural fibers are better. Your body can breathe, releasing heat and moisture as your body temperature cools. The perfect way to drift into a deep sleep.
We source American cotton so you can sleep on soft and breathable natural fibers that are better than foam. It's naturally hypoallergenic and that helps to keep a clean and healthy sleeping environment without the use of chemicals. Cotton is also more durable than foam which compresses faster than cotton over time. Even better for our planet, cotton is renewable, recyclable as well as biodegradable. It's the right material for all the right reasons. Learn More
Wool fibers have a textured surface that holds large amounts of air and serves as a year round comfort layer keeping you cool as you sleep. Wool also helps wick away moisture as you're sleeping, keeping you dry. A breathable bed that's cool and dry helps you sleep deeper, longer and wake refreshed. Our eco-wool comes from ethically responsible family farms in California and Oregon. Wool is also renewable, recyclable and biodegradable. Learn More
In keeping with our principles, we've incorporated a plant based fabric layer to meet federal fire safety certifications. Fibers from the leaves and stems of common farm crops like beans and potatoes are woven into a tight fabric layer. And because it is plant based it's also breathable and adds to your sleeping comfort. No chemical or synthetic additives – it's renewable, recyclable and biodegradable.
Safe and handcrafted in the USA!
Premium Materials from American Suppliers.
|Size||Height||Width||Length||Shipping Weight||Shipping Box Dimensions|
|Twin||11"||38"||75"||61 lbs||16"L X 16"W X 41"H|
|Twin XL||11"||38"||80"||65 lbs||16"L X 16"W X 41"H|
|Full||11"||53"||75"||85 lbs||17"L X 17"W X 57"H|
|Queen||11"||60"||80"||98 lbs||17"L X 17"W X 65"H|
|King||11"||76"||80"||118 lbs||17"L X 17"W X 80"H|
|Cal King||11"||72"||84"||115 lbs||17"L X 17"W X 76"H|
All the materials come from American suppliers. From the top down:
- We start with a top layer of innovative plant fibers woven to provide fire protection, naturally. Without chemicals, potato and bean plants are woven into a layer creating a safe, fire resistant mattress. And because it’s plant based, it’s also breathable and adds to your sleeping comfort.
- Next is a cotton layer we source from a southern, family owned American supplier. Cotton fibers are naturally soft and breathable, allowing air to circulate around your body. The fiber’s superior structure helps wick away and release body moisture as you sleep. Your sleep is improved in a dry and comfortable environment which helps you sleep better and wake more rejuvenated in the morning – a key to a healthier life! Cotton is naturally hypoallergenic keeping a clean and healthy sleeping environment without the use of chemicals. In fact, cotton farming is regulated by the USDA as a food crop, in addition to being annually renewable, recyclable and biodegradable. Cotton is also more durable than foam and will hold its loft longer than foam, which compresses faster than cotton over time.
- Underneath the cotton is a layer of wool. Unlike synthetic fibers which are smooth, wool fibers have a textured surface that hold large amounts of air serving as a year round comfort layer keeping you cool and dry as you sleep. Wool helps regulate your sleeping temperature by keeping you cool when it’s hot and keeping you warm when it’s cold. Wool also helps wick moisture away as you sleep keeping you dry. When your body is able to sleep in a breathable bed that’s cool and dry, you’re able to sleep deeper, longer and awake feeling stronger and more alert. Wool’s fiber structure also has the added benefit of being naturally fire resistant. Learn More About Cotton & Wool.
- We then put a second, generous layer of cotton.
- All of these natural comfort materials are supported by individually pocketed coils that contour to your body and provide proper support. There's also a double column of coils along the outer edges providing robust edge support so you can sit or rest comfortably all the way to the edge of the bed. They’re encased in a synthetic wrap, a rare use of man-made materials (less than .01% of the mattress by weight.) We even use a plant based glue to adhere certain materials in the spring system.
The number of individually pocketed coils by size:
- King 1054
- Cal King 1023
- Queen 850
- Full 736
- Twin XL 544
- Twin 512
We chose an organic cotton cover to encase the mattress, so the surface you actually sleep on is organic. The organic cotton fabric we use is certified by the Global Organic Textile Standard (GOTS).
In our mattress we use 100% organic fabric. Other mattress companies use organic cotton blended with polyester which is cheaper and easier to manufacture. They can be tricky with their marketing claiming they use organic cotton for their covers, which while technically true, misleads the fact that the cover is not 100% organic material. You can spot blended covers because they're stretchable when you puhrefll on it with your fingers.
This mattress is tested and certified to meet all federal and state fire protection standards. As a matter of fact, all mattresses sold in the United States must pass the same set of standards and receive the same certification, ours included.
What makes our mattress special is that we meet fire protection standards using all natural materials; wool, cotton, and a special fiber layer developed using bean and potato plants. With no chemicals or man-made materials the natural fibers provide the requisite level of protection. And because they're natural, they'll also improve your sleeping comfort on the mattress by enhancing the breathable airflow through the bed!
Try Joybed in your own home for 120 nights. We're confident you'll love it! But if for any reason you change your mind, we'll give you an exchange or refund. Joybed comes with a 10 year warranty and our 100 year history- so you'll rest peacefully in confidence that we've got your back.
Joybed ships to you in a box in 3-5 business days! We use cutting-edge technology to compress the mattress into a box for faster shipping. Unseal the bed in your room of choice and watch it open in full! With such fast service, you can quickly get the best sleep of your life on a natural mattress!
* You may experience shipping delays. We thank you for your understanding
Joybeds work great on any flat, sturdy foundation. You can put it on a platform bed, slats, box foundation, adjustable bed, or even the floor. See the warranty for more information.
Shop the Essentials