Cotton & wool breathe naturally for cool, dry, perfect sleep
Try in-home 120 nights, easy returns & 100% satisfaction guaranteed
Enjoy fast & free
120 Night Trial
Try it for 120 nights,
like it or return it
Made in USA
Grand Rapids, MI,
to be exact
Quality, natural materials for a luxurious sleep experience
Our materials are from Mother Nature herself. No foam, latex, or chemicals. Handcrafted from the finest cotton, wool, and plant fibers, each natural material ensures you’ll get a better night’s sleep.
See inside the Joybed LX
Feels comfortably firm with light cushioning.
Lightweight Organic Cotton Cover
Hand-quilted GOTS certified cover encapsulates the layers in a lightweight, gentle-to-touch material
Plant Fiber Fire Barrier
Breathable, flame-resistant plant fibers add protection without any chemical or synthetic additives
Hypoallergenic cotton provides cushioned support, durability, and proper airflow
Responsibly sourced, anti-microbial eco-wool draws heat away from your body, keeping you cool all year round
Supportive Individual Coils
Individually wrapped coils conform to the curves of your body and provides proper spinal alignment
We source American cotton so you can sleep on soft, breathable natural fibers. Cotton is durable, comfortable, and naturally hypoallergenic, which helps keep a cool and clean sleep environment.
Each cover is made with GOTS Certified organic cotton and not blended with man-made materials for your best comfort.
Our eco-wool from California and Oregon helps regulate your body temperature while you sleep. Its moisture-wicking and anti-microbial properties keep you clean and cool all year round for longer, deeper sleep.
Our supplier ensures the purity of the wool with certifications from OEKO-Tex Standard 100 and Oregon Tilth as well as toxicology testing at UC Davis.
To meet federal fire safety certifications, we've added an all-natural plant fiber layer with flame-resistant properties. This layer is made from potato plants, which are breathable and free of chemicals.
This fluffy plant-based layer is breathable and adds to your overall comfort & safety as you sleep.
No Off-Gas Smell
Sleep Cooler & Sleep Better
A cool night's rest is essential for your deepest sleep. Air flows through natural cotton and wool fibers creating a cool mattress. Foam cannot replicate this. Foam restricts air, even with "enhanced technology" or added chemicals. Natural fibers are better. Your body can breathe, releasing heat and moisture as your body temperature cools. The perfect way to drift into a deep sleep.
How the Joybed LX feels
The Joybed LX feels comfortably firm with light cushioning. Recommended for back sleepers and those who prefer a firmer mattress.
On a firmness scale of 1 to 10, it's a 4 (10 is the softest.)
Side sleepers may find this mattress too firm for their shoulders and hips. For a more conforming feel, we recommend the LXC Medium-Plush, LXP Medium-Plush or adding a mattress topper. We offer a 1.5” wool topper and our 4” Dreamin’ Vegan cotton topper.
Why Customers Love Joybed
Love how comfortable the mattress is, firm enough for me and soft enough for my husband. It was awesome to be able to get it upstairs a tiny staircase by ourselves the way it’s packed, super easy! Love knowing there are no fire retardants or toxic chemicals next to my body 8 hours a day.
Wildly comfortable, surprisingly affordable
I love my Joybed LX Mattress! It’s perfectly firm (I’m a stomach sleeper) but not hard. The coils provide the perfect amount of support for my achy lower back. The quality of the materials is incomparable. I sleep sounder at night knowing that my mattress is not poisoning my body or the earth :)
We purchased 3 twin mattresses for our kids. After A LOT of research about healthy mattress choices, the Joybed was in our price range and looked like a good choice. We are very happy with our purchase! Zero chemical smell when we opened them...which is unheard of. The kids are sleeping great!
Safe and handcrafted in the USA!
Premium Materials from American Suppliers.
75"L x 38"W x 10"H
80"L x 38"W x 10"H
75"L x 53"W x 10"H
80"L x 60"W x 10"H
80"L x 76"W x 10"H
84"L x 72"W x 10"H
Measurements are approximate. Each mattress is built within a 1” tolerance of the specified height dimensions and 4" on length and width dimensions (please note that the coils can shift together when packed for shipping and will jostle back into place during normal unpacking & set up, or being purposefully shaken from the corners.)
Materials & Coils
All the materials come from American suppliers. From the top down:
- We start with a top layer of innovative plant fibers woven to provide fire protection, naturally. Without chemicals, potato plants are woven into a layer creating a safe, fire resistant mattress. And because it’s plant based, it’s also breathable and adds to your sleeping comfort.
- Next is a cotton layer we source from a southern, family owned American supplier. Cotton fibers are naturally soft and breathable, allowing air to circulate around your body. The fiber's superior structure helps wick away and release body moisture as you sleep. Your sleep is improved in a dry and comfortable environment which helps you sleep better and wake more rejuvenated in the morning -- a key to a healthier life! Cotton is naturally hypoallergenic keeping a clean and healthy sleeping environment without the use of chemicals. In fact, cotton farming is regulated by the USDA as a food crop, in addition to being annually renewable, recyclable and biodegradable. Cotton is also more durable than foam and will hold its loft longer than foam, which compresses faster than cotton over time.
- Underneath the cotton is a layer of wool. Unlike synthetic fibers which are smooth, wool fibers have a textured surface that hold large amounts of air serving as a year round comfort layer keeping you cool and dry as you sleep. Wool helps regulate your sleeping temperature by keeping you cool when it's hot and keeping you warm when it's cold. Wool also helps wick moisture away as you sleep keeping you dry. When your body is able to sleep in a breathable bed that's cool and dry, you're able to sleep deeper, longer and awake feeling stronger and more alert. Wool's fiber structure also has the added benefit of being naturally fire resistant. Learn More About Cotton & Wool.
- We then put a second, generous layer of cotton.
- All of these natural comfort materials are supported by individual coils that contour to your body and provide proper support. There's also a double column of coils along the outer edges providing robust edge support so you can sit or rest comfortably all the way to the edge of the bed. They're encased in a synthetic wrap, a rare use of man-made materials (less than .01% of the mattress by weight.) We even use a plant based glue to adhere certain materials in the spring system.
The number of individual coils by size:
- King - 1054
- Cal King - 1023
- Queen - 850
- Full - 736
- Twin XL - 544
- Twin - 512
We chose an organic cotton cover to encase the mattress, so the surface you actually sleep on is organic. The organic cotton fabric we use is certified by the Global Organic Textile Standard (GOTS).
n our mattress we use 100% organic fabric. Other mattress companies use organic cotton blended with polyester which is cheaper and easier to manufacture. They can be tricky with their marketing claiming they use organic cotton for their covers, which while technically true, misleads the fact that the cover is not 100% organic material.
This mattress is tested and certified to meet all federal and state fire protection standards. As a matter of fact, all mattresses sold in the United States must pass the same set of standards and receive the same certification, ours included.
What makes our mattress special is that we meet fire protection standards using all natural materials; wool, cotton, and a special fiber layer developed using potato plants. With no chemicals or man-made materials the natural fibers provide the requisite level of protection. And because they're natural, they'll also improve your sleeping comfort on the mattress by enhancing the breathable airflow through the bed!
Put your Joybed on any surface
Joybeds work great on any flat, sturdy foundation. You can put it on a platform bed, slats, box foundation, adjustable bed, or even the floor. See the warranty for more information.
Shopping made easy
We know mattress shopping isn’t a walk in the park. With us, you can rest easy and know we’re taking care of you.
Free & Fast Shipping
Your Joybed ships free in 1-2 business days.
120 night in-home trial
Try your Joybed right at home for 120 nights. Don’t love it? We’ll help you out with your exchange or return. Learn More
10 year warranty
Your Joybed is backed with a full 10 year warranty to protect your sleep investment. Learn More
Handcrafted by Experts
We’re mattress industry veterans and we partner with a 100-year-old mattress factory to make the best mattresses for you. Our combined expertise results in a high-quality, durable mattress with exceptional value.
Learn more about our crafting
Love Sleep, Love Nature
At Joybed, we believe in getting the best sleep possible with the best materials Mother Nature has to offer. We make it our mission to only source from farms and factories with sustainable and ethical practices. We’re committed to being better for our planet.
Learn more about how Joybed is better for your sleep & the Earth
Shop the Essentials
- FoundationAs low as $249.00
- Organic Sheet SetAs low as $89.00
- Wool PillowAs low as $129.00
- Mattress ProtectorAs low as $169.00
- Dreamin' Vegan Mattress TopperAs low as $319.00